Responsible for the entire adoption process, including but not limited to promoting pets, shelter pet matchmaking, application review, interviewing potential adopters and using judgement to place the pet in the best, most appropriate home.
The Adoption Coordinator’s position is to greet and assist shelter visitors, volunteers and potential adopters in addition to helping with office duties including answering of phones. Adoption coordinators work directly with the public and help interested individuals through the application, screening and adoption process. This position requires extensive knowledge of SASF’s animals. Our adoption procedures are designed to help place the right pet in the right home. The ideal candidate will be outgoing, friendly and have the ability to provide a positive experience for all shelter visitors and staff. All Adoptions Coordinators are expected to exhibit a positive and professional attitude at all times.
Adoption Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Greet and assist visitors with impeccable customer service.
- Provide information on SASF policies, values, mission, programs and events.
- Assist with answering the phones and animal database record keeping.
- Prepare management reports as requested.
- Process intake of stray and surrender animals.
- Willingness and ability to learn about animal behavior, common challenges and ways to deal with challenges to match adopters with pets and to keep pets in home.
- Provide behavior information and shelter approved training techniques to adopters.
- Follow adoption guidelines in accordance with SASF policies and procedures.
- Actively promote our pets to increase their adoption chances through website postings, social media, happy tail stories and monthly adoption promotions. Create bios for dogs and cats to best represent them.
- Conduct interactions between potential adopters and pets + Observing interactions between pets and potential adopters.
- Educating adopters about proper pet care, needed supplies, shelter programs – wellness program for their new pet.
- Processing and finalizing adoptions.
- Photographing adoptions and keep record of adoption stories.
- Following up on adoptions once the animal has been placed in the new home.
PLEASE EMAIL YOUR RESUME TO: [email protected]